Plus it’s an easy craft to get the kids involved in and they’ll be able to tell everyone around the table how they helped.
This is a craft you can easily do ahead of time if you already have the napkins you’re going to use. So check one more thing off of your holiday list and start crafting!
Turkey Napkin Rings
What you’ll need:
- fall-colored pipe cleaners including light brown
- brown and orange construction paper (red if you want to make a waddle)
- googly eyes
- glue stick or glue gun
- paper or cloth napkins
What you do:
1. Cut brown paper width wise into 2″ strips. Cut as many strips as you need napkin rings. Set aside.
3. Repeat with rest of colors (I used 4 colors). Using the excess of one colored pipe cleaner, wrap all feathers up together. 4. Using a light brown pipe cleaner, make a circle by spinning the pipe cleaner around in a spiral. Tuck in the end of the pipe cleaner so that it stays together and is not visible.
9. Add a dab of glue on the seam of the tucked in paper and adhere turkey body to the napkin ring.
You’re all set! Now repeat this until you have enough napkins for everyone coming over. Once everyone is ready for dinner all they have to do is tear the back of the paper to access their napkins or simply tug the napkins out.
How awesome is that?