I absolutely adore strawberry season. Being able to go to the farmer’s market each week and pick up a huge amount of fresh, ripe strawberries just puts a smile on my face.
But there are only so many yummy bowls of strawberries and yogurt one can eat without wanting to do more. So when I brought back my latest batch along with some fresh, homemade greek yogurt I had the genius idea of putting the two together and baking!
Strawberry muffins with greek yogurt were created. And they were delicious.
Good thing too because I tested the recipe out on my girlfriends for our monthly book club. They’re such troopers. They’ll try anything I make and honestly give feedback. Luckily these muffins passed the test.
Strawberry Muffins with Greek Yogurt
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- granola, for topping
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
2. Using a food processor or mixer, blend together oats, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Mix the yogurt, eggs, lemon, and 1 1/2 cups of strawberries into the oats until just combined.
4. Scoop batter into muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full. Top evenly with the leftover strawberries and sprinkle with a bit of granola.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.