Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards

Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards

What do you do when you draw your uncle’s name in the gift exchange and all he asks for is “anything Rams” or a Chipotle gift card? Well… you have a little fun with the presentation and think of unique gift wrapping ideas!

While I was walking up to the counter at Chipotle ready to order my gift card I noticed all of hte wrapped burritos in foil. So when I ordered my gift card I also asked for a to-go bag and a piece of foil. I had an idea and wanted to see if it’d work well for my gift.

And while the girls behind the counter rolled their eyes (due to the overwhelming long line behind me) I knew it’d be all worth it. And it was. Because a football team t-shirt and a gift card can be a lot of fun when you think outside the box.

Here’s how you create a Chipotle burrito out of a t-shirt

What you need -

• t-shirt or other small apparel item
  • gift card to a restaurant of choice
  • to-go box or container to put the apparel in
  • to-go bag with restaurant’s logo

Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards what you need

What you do -

1. Wrap the t-shirt into the size of a burrito. Don’t worry… Chipotle burritos are obscenely large.

Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards wrap shirt like a burrito

2. Wrap the shirt in foil, covering every side.

Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards wrap in foil

3. Using a small hole punch, punch a hole in the top corner of the gift card envelope (with the gift card removed), add a piece of string or ribbon into the hole and pull through. Add the gift card back to the envelope and tie the string around the burrito. Add a bow to complete the look if you’d like.

Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards attach gift card

4. Remember that to-go bag? Well, stuff your t-shirt burrito and gift card in the bag. Fold the bag’s top over and staple the gift card’s receipt to the bag with the recipient’s name written on the top.

Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Gift Cards add name tag

I can’t wait to see the look on his face as he unwraps his burrito on Christmas Eve. I’m hoping he likes what’s inside and isn’t disappointed that there isn’t a real burrito in there!

How do you spruce up the gift cards you give?

Comments

I love this! How creative! I wish I would have seen this last week when I was working on hubby’s uncle’s gifts!
    Leila recently posted..Fast Facts about Nutrisystem My Way and Fast 5My Profile

2. Kerri (TheMaven)
    Twitter: _themaven

This is so clever! I love it!
    Kerri (TheMaven) recently posted..Early morning coffee momentsMy Profile

3. Mariah says:

You are so clever and crafty! I love this idea! I may have to steal… or borrow it!
    Mariah recently posted..Holiday Traditions: Holiday BooksMy Profile

4. Jess A
    Twitter: ThenWere4

Genius! :) You’re so crafty, Danielle!
    Jess A recently posted..Rear-Facing is the Safest Way to Ride {Britax Advocate Review}My Profile

5. I LOVE IT!!! Such a great idea and I am sure he will get a big kick out of it!
    Sara Phillips recently posted..Kidoodle.TV – built just for kids! #MCMy Profile

6. Tiffany (Fabulous Mom Blog)

I am not creative at all. But now you’ve got me trying to come up with ideas on how to wrap Sean’s gifts this year. I love your idea, very neat.
    Tiffany (Fabulous Mom Blog) recently posted..Capstone Book for Young Readers is a SMASH-ingly great giftMy Profile

7. That is an adorable idea!! I’m totally pinning that! My gift card wrapping idea is in the link below. :)
    Elena @ `a casarella recently posted..Mason Jar Gift Card HolderMy Profile

8. LOL! That’s just awesome!
    Angela Quisumbing recently posted..Find Your Groove at Muse AcademyMy Profile

9. Laura The Spruiker
    Twitter: the_Spruiker

This is such a cute idea. And the thought you put into it, makes the gift especially delightful. I would love to get a gift like this. Plus, your gift wrap (foil and food bag) are recyclable, so its right up my alley!
    Laura The Spruiker recently posted..Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: in that orderMy Profile

10. Joann Woolley
    Twitter: sign4baby

That is ingenius! Totally creative thinking outside the box Danielle!