Hot White Pizza Dip with Pepperonis and Philadelphia cream cheese

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

Hot White Pizza Dip #LoveMyPhilly #shop

I’m all about the appetizers and desserts this time of year. The one thing I always love to make for guests is a hot dip to enjoy and warm up to. And my dips almost always include Philadelphia cream cheese. Because who can say no to that creamy goodness? In an effort to combine a few of our favorite flavors, I made this delicious hot white pizza dip with pepperonis.

We just celebrated my daughter’s 3rd birthday yesterday and boy was it a blast. Good friends, good food, and good fun. While in full party prep mode the day before I made a list of all of the items I still needed to pick up for the party. Including the ingredients for this dip.

I went into the garden to see what kinds of veggies and herbs I had. Luckily I had 6 gorgeous tomatoes, a ton of small red peppers, and some fresh basil, thyme and oregano. So those were definitely going into the dip. Then I headed to Sam’s Club to pick up all of the items we needed for the party.

Hot White Pizza Dip Philadelphia cream cheese on shelf 1 #LoveMyPhilly #shop

While at Sam’s Club I grabbed a 4-pack of Philadelphia cream cheese. I was excited to see that they recently upgraded their 3-pack to this 4-pack. While it’s the same amount of cream cheese, a smaller volume in each tub means I don’t have to worry about using up all of the tub before it expires.

I also grabbed the veggies, salad, and cupcakes we were going to serve at the party. Once I checked out it was time to get home and start the party prep.

Hot White Pizza Dip Philadelphia cream cheese #LoveMyPhilly #shop

Having Philadelphia cream cheese on hand is perfect for my holiday baking and cooking!

I love incorporating cream cheese in my sugar cookies, buffalo chicken dip, and a few other favorite recipes.

Hot White Pizza Dip ingredients #LoveMyPhilly #shop

Planning ahead is always my number one guarantee for success when it comes to party planning. And that includes making anything I can for a party the day or night before a must. Dips, casseroles, veggie prep, etc is all done the night before. And so was this dip.

It can be refrigerated overnight and then taken out when you need to heat it up before guests arrive.

You can also heat it up right before leaving for a party and just carry it in one of those awesome hot food holders so it arrives at your destination all hot and gooey. But don’t worry… the dip still tastes great lukewarm or even cold. Just ask my guests

Hot White Pizza Dip roasted veggies #LoveMyPhilly #shop

If you don’t have time to roast your veggies ahead of time, don’t fret! I’ve also made this dip with jarred sun dried tomatoes and jarred roasted red bell peppers before and it’s tasted equally delicious.

But since I already had both veggies on hand from the garden I went that route.

Hot White Pizza Dip close up #LoveMyPhilly #shop

• 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • 16 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
  • 8 ounces grated mozzarella and provalone cheese blend
  • 8 ounces grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese blend
  • ¼ cup freshly chopped basil leaves
  • 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
  • 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano leaves
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, plus more for topping
  • 6-8 pepperonies, diced
  • bread or crackers for serving

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice tomatoes, de-seed peppers, and peel garlic cloves. Toss in olive oil and spread over a rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
  2. Reduce oven to 375 degrees.
  3. While veggies are cooling, in a large bowl mix together two cheese blends. Set a handful of cheese aside for topping. Add salt, pepper, spices, pepperonis, and cream cheese to the bowl and mix well.
  4. Once veggies and garlic are cool, dice up veggies and mince the roasted garlic. Add to the cheese mixture and stir in well.
  5. Place dip into a pie pan and spread evenly into the pan. Add the reserved cheese to the top of the dip and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
  6. Bake dip in oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly. Serve hot with a delicious sliced baguette or crackers.

Hot White Pizza Dip aerial #LoveMyPhilly #shop

The dip was a huge hit at my party and is sure to make a repeat appearance at our Christmas dinner.

What’s your favorite party food?

Comments

1. Joyce@MommyTalkShow
    Twitter: MommyTalkShow

I love finger foods with amazing dips like this.
    Your photos are amazing!
    Joyce@MommyTalkShow recently posted..7 Holiday Gift Ideas for Guys Who CookMy Profile

That looks delicious! I think my kids would totally love this too!
    Amanda recently posted..November EcoCentric Mom “Baby & Mom Box” Review & CodeMy Profile

3. Jenny
    Twitter: jennymetamorfit

That looks so good!! Yum! Good job!
    Jenny recently posted..Koss Headphones fill your stockings!My Profile

4. Brittany C. @ The Frugal Free Gal
    Twitter: frugalfreegal

Wow. That looks delicious!!!!
    Brittany C. @ The Frugal Free Gal recently posted..KidKraft Majestic Mansion Dollhouse Only $129 Shipped! (reg $246.99!)My Profile

5. Christie says:

YUM! We love pizza anytime. This dip is a perfect alternative! Thanks for sharing
    Christie recently posted..Holiday Shopping for the Whole Family at #RadioShack #Sponsored #MCMy Profile

6. This looks delicious. I am also slightly jealous that you have veggies in your garden still. It is single digit temps here with snow due to fall later today.
    The fresh veggies look amazing with the Philadelphia cream cheese.
    Tammilee Tillison recently posted..Crostini with Brie and Roasted GarlicMy Profile

7. Jessica says:

You have me so hungry right now and it’s only 10:30. I have a couple hours to wait until lunch!
    Jessica recently posted..Make It Monday: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread & Good Cooks Mini Loaf PanMy Profile

8. Tammy S says:

This looks so good! I know the kids will love it also. Pizza is always a hit with them. I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

9. Oh what a fab recipe! I will have to try making this for sure. Thank you :) I’ll be sharing on Pinterest too!
    Everything Mom and Baby recently posted..Join me on Playtex Mom Trust on my journey as a member of the Mom Trust!My Profile

I cannot wait to try this! This sounds so delicious!
    Leila recently posted..Destined for Love {Book Review}My Profile

11. Stephanie says:

Oh my… This just looks amazing! Must try this soon… Thanks for the recipe!
    Stephanie recently posted..Entertaining Last-Minute Guests: Walgreens Holiday Solutions #HappyAllTheWayMy Profile

12. courtney hennagir says:

My mouth is watering! I am heading to the store later and am definitely grabbing stuff to make this. My family is going to love it!

13. Jeanette says:

That looks really yummy:)
    Jeanette recently posted..Deichmann.seMy Profile

14. Tiffany Cruz

I think your dip is going to be my NEW favorite party food. Yum alert!!
    Tiffany Cruz recently posted..Create your own custom LEGO Minifigure Family holiday cardMy Profile

15. Emma Lesko says:

Wow – that looks delicious!
    Emma Lesko recently posted..Quiet Christmas Activities for KidsMy Profile

16. Mary Gardner says:

I can’t wait to try this – cream cheese makes everything great!

17. Jess A
    Twitter: ThenWere4

Wow. This looks SO AMAZING!! I cannot wait to try this!! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
    Jess A recently posted..Cold Season Necessities {Homemade Cough Syrup} #KleenexTargetMy Profile

18. Brandi says:

Wow, this looks delicious! I’m going to make this for Christmas and impress my family! Brandi from Collective Bias
    Brandi recently posted..What To Get Your Husband For ChristmasMy Profile

19. This looks absolutely delicious! I love how you used it for a dip instead of a dessert! I really want to make this for the Husband! He would love it! #client
    Amber Edwards recently posted..Black Bottom Cupcakes Recipe featuring LifeOiL, Delicious Holiday cupcake recipes!My Profile

20. Kerri (TheMaven)
    Twitter: _themaven

I”m afraid if I made this, Alan might disown me.
    Kerri (TheMaven) recently posted..Easy Holiday Appetizers start with SeaPak Shrimp Rolls!My Profile

1. […] Hot dips are always a huge hit and this one is a crowd pleaser. You can also try this delicious hot white pepperoni dip at your […]

2. […] Hot White Pizza Dip // Simmworks Family […]

3. […] Danielle from Simmworks Family Blog has done some amazingly fun things with pizza flavors. Her Hot White Pizza Dip featured above is one of my […]

4. […] you are a fan of dips then you have to try is Hot White Pizza Dip that everyone is going to go crazy over at your next holiday […]