One of the worst things to deal with as a parent is seeing your child sick. The only thing you can think about are ways to make them feel better. And having ways to comfort a sick child can be quite helpful in these situations.
There’s a routine I go about when trying to comfort my kids when they are sick. Doing things that are familiar to them seems to make them the most comfortable.
That’s all I want for my sickies, for them to feel comfortable and secure knowing that mama’s going to take care of them. So here’s how I do it…
5 Ways to Comfort a Sick Child
- Snuggle up – make sure you have a large throw blanket on hand to snuggle up with your little ones.
- Grab their favorite movie – one thing that will actually calm my kids down enough to rest when they’re sick is putting on their favorite movie. That would currently be The Croods in my home.
- Make some soup – while my husband prefers my chicken noodle soup when he’s sick, the kids just like the noodles and broth. So I make sure to strain out the veggies and chicken when I ladle up their bowls.
- Properly medicate – once you determine what’s wrong with your child, make sure they’re comfortable and then give them the medicine they need (depending on their age) to help make them feel better.
- Follow up with the doctor – if the kids start showing new symptoms, fever worsens, or anything changes I have the pediatrician’s number on speed dial to get a consultation before bringing the kids in.
How do you comfort your children when they’re sick?
Children’s Mucinex Multi-Symptom Cold relieves stuffy nose, cough and chest congestion in children aged 4 – 12 years old. To learn more about this product, check out the Mucinex website.
Disclaimer: I received one or more free products in exchange for this post. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.