Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe

slow cooker ratatouille recipe

We’ve been growing eggplant in our garden this year for the first time and I cannot believe how well it’s doing! So much so that I’m starting to exhaust my resources with what to do with eggplant. I mean you can only make so much eggplant parm. So this week I went to my favorite slow cooker ratatouille recipe. Easy, simple, and tastes amazing!

I gotta say though, the one reason why I hadn’t shared this recipe on the blog yet was because I can never get a good photo of this ratatouille. Seriously. I can’t. So if the photos don’t look as appetizing as some of my other dishes, don’t be scared away! This truly is a delicious vegetarian dish that I love.

And if you have any other eggplant recipes to suggest please send them my way! I’ll be needing them.

Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe

• 1 medium eggplant
  • 2 zucchini
  • 1 onion
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup pesto
  • salt and pepper to taste

Dice up the eggplant, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Add onion and garlic to a pan and saute for 1-2 minutes. When garlic gets fragrant add eggplant and zucchini. Sautee until onions are translucent.

Dump all of the veggies into your slow cooker and top with tomatoes. Cook on low for 4 hours. About 30 minutes before serving stir in pesto and add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with some delicious corn cakes or corn bread and enjoy!

slow cooker ratatouille recipe 2

Have you cooked with eggplant before?

Comments

1. April @ The 21st Century Housewife
    Twitter: apriljharris

Love eggplant, and I love ratatouille, but it normally needs such a lot of stirring. This is a great solution – thank you!

If you have too much eggplant, you can always cut it up in roughly one inch cubes, toss in lots of olive oil and salt and roast in a single layer on baking sheets in a hot oven for about 25 – 30 minutes. Turn halfway through. Once it is cooked I let it cool and pop it in freezer bags. It cooks into sauces and stews straight from frozen and is so handy to have on hand.
    April @ The 21st Century Housewife recently posted..Fall Makeup TipsMy Profile

2. Nop… but this looks delicious!! Bookmarking it for later. Thanks for sharing
    Oriana @mommyhoodsdairy recently posted..Butternut Squash & Leek Soup with Queso Fresco ~ Crema de AuyamaMy Profile

3. Stacie
    Twitter: simplystacienet

I’m not crazy about eggplant but this recipe looks so good that I think I need to give it a try again!
    Stacie recently posted..emzone Automotive Care Review & Giveaway (US & Can)My Profile

4. Melissa says:

YUM! That looks incredibly delicious. I’ve never tried it!
    Melissa recently posted..BuggyGear Stroller Accessories for Families On The GoMy Profile

5. mel says:

Man does look so delicious! I need to try this stat! Perfect for the fall!!

6. Debi@ The Spring Mount 6 Pack
    Twitter: thespringmount6

YUM. I love veggies and this looks amazing.
    Debi@ The Spring Mount 6 Pack recently posted..Happy Dog Box – Monthly delivery of the very best in treats & toys for your dog!My Profile

7. Rita O'Neal says:

Confession. I have never had ratatouille. It looks delicious though and you make it seem fairly easy. Plus, I love my slow cooker. I might just have to attempt this! Thanks for the motivation.
    Rita O’Neal recently posted..First Look at the New Film, Disney’s Into the WoodsMy Profile

8. Tiffany

I’d to help my 6-year old make this in her slow cooker. She’d enjoy it, I know it. Thanks for sharing.
    Tiffany recently posted..The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition releasing on Blu-ray Combo Pack on October 1stMy Profile

9. Maggie @ Mama Maggie's Kitchen
    Twitter: maggieunz

I think the photos look great! Love slow cooker meals that are so simple like this one. Definitely appetizing.
    Maggie @ Mama Maggie’s Kitchen recently posted..Whole Wheat Banana PancakesMy Profile

10. Debb says:

Live this, I added red pepper flakes for some heat!!!yummy

1. […] Slow Cooker Ratatouille […]

2. […] love making ratatouille from our fresh eggplant and zucchini. I let the kids wash and cut up the vegetables with their […]