Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe

slow cooker ratatouille recipe

We’ve been growing eggplant in our garden this year for the first time and I cannot believe how well it’s doing! So much so that I’m starting to exhaust my resources with what to do with eggplant. I mean you can only make so much eggplant parm. So this week I went to my favorite slow cooker ratatouille recipe. Easy, simple, and tastes amazing!

I gotta say though, the one reason why I hadn’t shared this recipe on the blog yet was because I can never get a good photo of this ratatouille. Seriously. I can’t. So if the photos don’t look as appetizing as some of my other dishes, don’t be scared away! This truly is a delicious vegetarian dish that I love.

And if you have any other eggplant recipes to suggest please send them my way! I’ll be needing them.

Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe

• 1 medium eggplant
  • 2 zucchini
  • 1 onion
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup pesto
  • salt and pepper to taste

Dice up the eggplant, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Add onion and garlic to a pan and saute for 1-2 minutes. When garlic gets fragrant add eggplant and zucchini. Sautee until onions are translucent.

Dump all of the veggies into your slow cooker and top with tomatoes. Cook on low for 4 hours. About 30 minutes before serving stir in pesto and add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with some delicious corn cakes or corn bread and enjoy!

slow cooker ratatouille recipe 2

Have you cooked with eggplant before?

Comments

1. April @ The 21st Century Housewife
    Twitter: apriljharris

Love eggplant, and I love ratatouille, but it normally needs such a lot of stirring. This is a great solution – thank you!

If you have too much eggplant, you can always cut it up in roughly one inch cubes, toss in lots of olive oil and salt and roast in a single layer on baking sheets in a hot oven for about 25 – 30 minutes. Turn halfway through. Once it is cooked I let it cool and pop it in freezer bags. It cooks into sauces and stews straight from frozen and is so handy to have on hand.
    April @ The 21st Century Housewife recently posted..Fall Makeup TipsMy Profile

2. Nop… but this looks delicious!! Bookmarking it for later. Thanks for sharing
    Oriana @mommyhoodsdairy recently posted..Butternut Squash & Leek Soup with Queso Fresco ~ Crema de AuyamaMy Profile

3. Stacie
    Twitter: simplystacienet

I’m not crazy about eggplant but this recipe looks so good that I think I need to give it a try again!
    Stacie recently posted..emzone Automotive Care Review & Giveaway (US & Can)My Profile

4. Melissa says:

YUM! That looks incredibly delicious. I’ve never tried it!
    Melissa recently posted..BuggyGear Stroller Accessories for Families On The GoMy Profile

5. mel says:

Man does look so delicious! I need to try this stat! Perfect for the fall!!

6. Debi@ The Spring Mount 6 Pack
    Twitter: thespringmount6

YUM. I love veggies and this looks amazing.
    Debi@ The Spring Mount 6 Pack recently posted..Happy Dog Box – Monthly delivery of the very best in treats & toys for your dog!My Profile

7. Rita O'Neal says:

Confession. I have never had ratatouille. It looks delicious though and you make it seem fairly easy. Plus, I love my slow cooker. I might just have to attempt this! Thanks for the motivation.
    Rita O’Neal recently posted..First Look at the New Film, Disney’s Into the WoodsMy Profile

8. Tiffany

I’d to help my 6-year old make this in her slow cooker. She’d enjoy it, I know it. Thanks for sharing.
    Tiffany recently posted..The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition releasing on Blu-ray Combo Pack on October 1stMy Profile

9. Maggie @ Mama Maggie's Kitchen
    Twitter: maggieunz

I think the photos look great! Love slow cooker meals that are so simple like this one. Definitely appetizing.
    Maggie @ Mama Maggie’s Kitchen recently posted..Whole Wheat Banana PancakesMy Profile

10. Debb says:

Live this, I added red pepper flakes for some heat!!!yummy

1. 121 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes says:

[…] Slow Cooker Ratatouille […]

2. […] love making ratatouille from our fresh eggplant and zucchini. I let the kids wash and cut up the vegetables with their […]

3. […] Slow Cooker Ratatouille is so colorful with beautiful fall vegetables. Danielle has a lot of eggplant to use up from her garden so she decided to prepare a vegetarian feast. It is easy to make and tastes amazing. Simply add all of your fresh vegetables into your slow cooker, toss in some sauce, and let it simmer all day to create this delectable dish. […]

4. […] Slow Cooker Ratatouille is so colorful and packed with vegetables. Danielle has a lot of eggplant to use up from her garden so she decided to prepare a vegetarian feast. It is easy to make and tastes amazing. Simply add all of your fresh vegetables into your slow cooker, toss in some sauce, and let it simmer all day to create this delectable dish. […]