DIY Candy Corn Candles Perfect for a Halloween Centerpiece

DIY Candy Corn Candles

One of my favorite times of the year is coming up! Halloween time! I am so excited for Fall to be right around the corner and Halloween to be here. So much so that I busted out my craft supplies and made these awesome DIY Candy Corn Candles in anticipation of my fall tablescape.

Since these candles are oh-so-simple to make and pair perfectly with this cute orange candle holder I just scored at Target for $4 I figured why not get this up and posted now in case anyone else is as crazy as me about Halloween and Fall decor.

And how great do these look with my Halloween centerpiece?

DIY Candy Corn Candles Halloween Centerpiece
If you want to dress up some plane candles you have lying around they grab your mod podge and some tissue paper and start crafting! Here’s how I did it:

DIY Candy Corn Candles

What you’ll need:

• white unscented candles, any height
  • orange and yellow tissue paper
  • mod podge (Don’t have any? Make your own!)
  • foam brush

DIY Candy Corn Candles supplies

What you do:

1. Measure out the width of yellow tissue paper by placing the candle on its side and making a mark where you want the tissue paper to go up to. Then cut off a strip of tissue paper in your desired width.

DIY Candy Corn Candles measure tissue paper

2. Apply a thin layer of mod podge to the base of the candle and attach tissue paper to the mod podge. Gently smooth out any wrinkles as you apply the paper (easier said than done!).

DIY Candy Corn Candles mod podge

3. Measure out an orange piece of tissue paper smaller than the yellow (about 1/2 the size) and repeat step 2.

DIY Candy Corn Candles apply tissue paper

4. Repeat with a second candle to make a pair and let your candle(s) dry completely before setting out on display.

DIY Candy Corn Candles for Halloween

To complete this centerpiece look simply add a cute glass votive, some fake autumn leaves and pumpkins (found at your local craft store or if you’re like me, in the garage), and a nice burlap table runner to go on top of a fall colored tablecloth. To make it even more perfect for Halloween add some spiders to the mix!

Please note, however, that these are decorative only. Wouldn’t want to start any fires!

DIY Candy Corn Candles Halloween Centerpiece Idea

What’s your favorite part about Halloweentime?

Comments

1. Kerri (TheMaven)
    Twitter: _themaven

You’re so creative!
    Kerri (TheMaven) recently posted..Back to School Countdown with Elf on the ShelfMy Profile

2. Ronni Keller says:

Can you burn those w/o starting a fire? LOL Super cute idea!! I bet even I could do it! Totally trying that!
    Ronni Keller recently posted..Top 5 Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes Soft, Sexy Skin Awaits!My Profile

3. Kerri (TheMaven)
    Twitter: _themaven

Ronni – it totally thought that at first too, but then I thought of all the DECORATIVE candles I have, besides, Danielle points that out too!

4. Leanne
    Twitter: raveandreview

Super cute! I love decorating around my fireplace for fall, and these are perfect!
    Leanne recently posted..Back to School with Fruit of the Loom “Underwear for Overachievers” {$75 Walmart gift card giveaway}My Profile

5. Those are the cutest candles EVER! Will definitely have to make them!

6. The Mom Jen says:

So adorable and easy! Love it!
    The Mom Jen recently posted..June Lake, CA: Double Eagle Resort and SpaMy Profile

7. Mallery
    Twitter: horridhousewife

These are so creative! I love that you used tissue paper, genius!!
    Mallery recently posted..Cow Who Needs a KettlebellMy Profile

8. Those candles look really cute, I love the Candy Corn theme!
    Jennifer Medeiros recently posted..Power Up Your Oral Health Care With These Tips #powerupursmileMy Profile

9. Chrysa says:

This candles are so adorable! I can’t believe you just used tissue paper to do them!
    Chrysa recently posted..FREE Shutterfly Photobook from MyCokeRewards + Double Points on Diet DrinksMy Profile

10. Jamie says:

Such a simple craft yet it adds so much to the table setting. Beautiful. I love seeing all the fun halloween projects that come out this time of the year =)
    Jamie recently posted..Ariel Inspired D23 Expo!My Profile

11. Aline Grigorian says:

Very cute!

These are so cute and you could truly customize them with any color!
    Amanda recently posted..Disneynature Presents: BearsMy Profile

13. Sarah BB @ East9thStreet
    Twitter: east9thstreet

Super cute and easy! I think this is going on my list….
    Sarah BB @ East9thStreet recently posted..What Happens When You UnplugMy Profile

14. Charity says:

Just made these with my girls. Ours aren’t quite as pretty, but we love them. Thank you for a great craft. I can see having fun with making these for other holidays with different colors of paper too.
    Charity recently posted..Just Flippin’ AroundMy Profile

1. [...] Candy corn candles from SimmWorksFamilyBlog.com [...]

2. […] Candy corn candles from SimmWorksFamilyBlog.com […]

3. […] year I made these candy corn candles so this year I wanted to create a full tablescape inspired by […]