Creating a Fun DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Miracle-Gro for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I love to garden. I love being outdoors, enjoying the weather, and getting my hands dirty. I also love the sense of accomplishment I feel when I see the results of my hard work.

But sometimes gardening and landscaping doesn’t have to be difficult or hard. After seeing a few fun garden projects from Miracle-Gro I was inspired to create a simple and easy herb garden with the kids.

With this fun DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter I’m able to plant the herbs I love in cute decorative pots and don’t really have to worry much about them.

Plus, you can make this project with simple materials that you might already have in your home!

DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter
What You’ll Need:

• Terra Cotta Pots
  • Inexpensive Paint (acrylic would work too)
  • Chalkboard Paint
  • Foam Brushes
  • Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting MIx
  • Herb Plants or Seeds

DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter material

What You Do:

1. Paint (or have your kids paint) the terra cotta pots. Let dry completely.

DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter painting

2. Using the chalkboard paint, create a rectangle on the outside of the pot so you can label what herb you are planting. Let dry completely. Once dry, label the pot with the herb you are planting.

DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter painting chalkboard sign

3. Fill pot with Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix about 1/2 way. Remove herb plant from it’s original container and nestle in the potting mix. Top with more potting mix. Water and enjoy!

DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter mint

With the help of Miracle-Gro’s Moisture Control Potting Mix I know that my herbs will continue to get the water they need when they need it.

And now that I have a cute new herb garden I can show it off on my front porch or on my patio and can change the signs as my herb garden changes and grows!

For more great ideas for garden projects, check out The Gro Project. You are sure to be inspired just as I was!

You can also find great ideas on the Miracle-Gro Pinterest page. It’s a great forum to  for gardeners to come together and share gardening stories.

Visit Sponsor's Site

Comments

1. LisaLisa says:

What a great idea! I love how the kids are involved and we to use Miracle Grow products! This is a great post! Keep us updated on your your Herb garden :0)
    LisaLisa recently posted..Are you taking your Medication Correctly?My Profile

2. Randa
    Twitter: bewitchinkitch

I love how the whole family can get together for this project.

3. Oh now that is a super cute craft! I love it! I want to go build one right now!
    Amber Edwards recently posted..Experience more freedom with Wi-Fi Cameras! Samsung Smart Cameras are perfect for Summer photography! #pixbundleMy Profile

Such a cute idea and I know my kids would love it!
    Amanda recently posted..May’s EcoCentric Mom “Baby Box” Review {Plus Coupon Code}My Profile

5. I love it, how fun! I might have to do this with some of my terracotta pots!
    Mel Outnumbered recently posted..Bump Ahead: Tiny Tillia Hooded TowelsMy Profile

6. Aly Mashrah says:

I love that idea! I’ve always wanted to grow herbs like that, I’m going to try this sometime!
    Aly Mashrah recently posted..How Does Invisalign Work? #SponsoredMy Profile

7. Jennifer Comet Wagner
    Twitter: jenwag57

That is so great. I feel bad that I didn’t really do many DIY projects with my kids because I am so terrible with that type of thing.
    Jennifer Comet Wagner recently posted..Independent Films Website: 5 Reasons to Subscribe to IndieFlixMy Profile

8. Angela says:

I am in love with this idea! I always have to do a taste test to figure out if I’m snipping parsley or cilantro.
    Angela recently posted..P.S. from Aéropostale Summer Fashion for KidsMy Profile

9. Kat says:

What a great idea!! Pinning this!

10. Tiffany C.

Very cool. I love this idea. What a neat project. I need some chalkboard paint now.
    Tiffany C. recently posted..Beautiful Jewelry from Latasia for Spring 2013My Profile

11. Myndee
    Twitter: randommyn

What a cute idea! I have wanted to do some gardening with the kids and I’ve always wanted to get chalkboard paint- now I have a reason to do both, lol.
    Myndee recently posted..Psychological WarfareMy Profile

12. Very cute & I love that you let the kids help!
    Ellen Christian recently posted..Entertainment RoundupMy Profile

13. Jamie @ Roubinek Reality
    Twitter: jmroubinek

These are so cute!! My kids would love to do something like this! Great idea!
    Jamie @ Roubinek Reality recently posted..Active by Old NavyMy Profile