This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Miracle-Gro for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love to garden. I love being outdoors, enjoying the weather, and getting my hands dirty. I also love the sense of accomplishment I feel when I see the results of my hard work.
But sometimes gardening and landscaping doesn’t have to be difficult or hard. After seeing a few fun garden projects from Miracle-Gro I was inspired to create a simple and easy herb garden with the kids.
With this fun DIY Chalkboard Herb Planter I’m able to plant the herbs I love in cute decorative pots and don’t really have to worry much about them.
Plus, you can make this project with simple materials that you might already have in your home!
What You’ll Need:
- Terra Cotta Pots
- Inexpensive Paint (acrylic would work too)
- Chalkboard Paint
- Foam Brushes
- Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting MIx
- Herb Plants or Seeds
What You Do:
1. Paint (or have your kids paint) the terra cotta pots. Let dry completely.
2. Using the chalkboard paint, create a rectangle on the outside of the pot so you can label what herb you are planting. Let dry completely. Once dry, label the pot with the herb you are planting.
3. Fill pot with Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix about 1/2 way. Remove herb plant from it’s original container and nestle in the potting mix. Top with more potting mix. Water and enjoy!
With the help of Miracle-Gro’s Moisture Control Potting Mix I know that my herbs will continue to get the water they need when they need it.
And now that I have a cute new herb garden I can show it off on my front porch or on my patio and can change the signs as my herb garden changes and grows!
For more great ideas for garden projects, check out The Gro Project. You are sure to be inspired just as I was!
You can also find great ideas on the Miracle-Gro Pinterest page. It’s a great forum to for gardeners to come together and share gardening stories.