Root Beer Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Recipe

My absolute favorite way to make pulled pork is in the crock pot. With a can of rootbeer.

Yup! You heard that right. I absolutely love that I can realize that I forgot to pull meat out of the freezer the night before, grab a pork loin, put it in the crock pot with a can of root beer and just let it simmer all day for a delicious and tasty meal in the evening.

What makes them even better? Some amazingly fresh and yeasty homemade hamburger buns!

If you haven’t already tried this way of cooking your pulled pork then you need to! It’s the perfect dish for the coming summer months.

Root Beer Pulled Pork

Root Beer Pulled Pork

5.0 from 2 reviews

Root Beer Pulled Pork

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds pork loin
  • 1 can 12 ounce root beer
  • barbecue sauce
  • hamburger buns

Instructions
  1. Place pork loin in the crock pot and cover with root beer. Cover and let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  2. Take pork out of the liquid and shred in a bowl (or use your stand mixer with a paddle attachment to shred the meat for you!). Discard root beer.
  3. Place shredded meat back in the crock pot and mix in your favorite barbecue sauce. Let cook another 30 minutes and serve on your favorite hamburger buns.

What’s your favorite type of barbecue sauce? Sweet or tangy?

Comments

1. Jessica A
    Twitter: ThenWere4

Oh my gosh. Now I need to make these! We like honey bbq sauce here and I think that would pair nicely with the root beer! Thanks for the recipe, Danielle! YUM!
    Jessica A recently posted..Awesome Rooms for Kids! #DisneyPaintMomMy Profile

2. Lindsay @ Laughing Lindsay
    Twitter: 89linz

Wow. I had never heard of this. It looks great. I’m actually a huge fan of pulled pork anyways, so this is right up my alley.
    Lindsay @ Laughing Lindsay recently posted..No Impact Workout DVD Full Fitness Fusion 30 Minute SolutionMy Profile

3. Staci
    Twitter: 7onashoestring

Seriously did not think these would be good… but they really are! Hubby makes them as well. Everyone should definitely give them a try. :)
    Staci recently posted..Red White and Blue Felt Wreath CraftMy Profile

4. Jeannette says:

Oh my goodness, I would have never thought to add root beer! We love pulled pork though so I’m going to have to check this out!
    Jeannette recently posted..3 Heartbreaking Lessons the State Basketball Tournament Taught My ChildMy Profile

5. Ashley S says:

We had pulled pork sandwiches the other night, but I had never thought of putting root beer in there. We have this at least once a month during the summer so next time, I am going to have to give this version a whirl.
    Ashley S recently posted..Comment on Ways to Avoid Stress During Party Planning Season + GREAT Giveaway! by Julie WoodMy Profile

6. Chelsea Day
    Twitter: somedayilllearn

Love this recipe. Anything that is quick and easy AND super tasty is a win/win! :) Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to taste it!
    Chelsea Day recently posted..The Circle of GivingMy Profile

That sounds yum! I will have to try that! Do you think it would work with chicken too?
    Leila recently posted..Pains of Working in an OfficeMy Profile

• Danielle
      Twitter: simmworksfamily

I’ve never tried it with chicken. But I do love salsa chicken in the slow cooker! 1 jar of the salsa of your choice, 1 cup corn, 1 cup black beans, and chicken all dumped in and cooked on low for 6-8 hours. I shred mine and serve it in tacos or use it for my enchilada filling.
      Danielle recently posted..Family Entertainment with Netflix Just for KidsMy Profile

I love pulled pork and I do BBQ chicken in the crock pot and it is super yummy! I could go for this tonight for dinner :)
    Amanda recently posted..Double Chocolate Almond Biscotti RecipeMy Profile

9. Mariah says:

I have never heard of using root beer but now I want to try it STAT! Looks delicious!
    Mariah recently posted..Lemon Cake Mix Cookie RecipeMy Profile

10. Josie says:

WOW!!!!!!! That looks amazing, nice recipe and am looking very forward to giving it a go myself :)

11. Lori
    Twitter: socalwithkids

This looks easy, and sounds delicious! I recently found out the kids love pulled pork, and have been looking for a recipe. Can’t wait to try!
    Lori recently posted..Slide, Float, and Play at Knott’s Soak City OC Water Park!My Profile

12. Oh my goodness this looks amazing! I’ve done Dr Pepper ribs, but Root beer Pulled pork sound so much fun for Memorial Day weekend!
    Amber Edwards recently posted..Experience more freedom with Wi-Fi Cameras! Samsung Smart Cameras are perfect for Summer photography! #pixbundleMy Profile

1. […] what it is about slow cooker pulled pork but it’s one of my absolute favorites to make! From root beer pulled pork, to coke pulled pork, to regular old spiced up pulled pork like this one, a pulled pork sandwich is […]

2. […] 4. Root Beer Pulled Pork […]