Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung #PixBundle

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #pixbundle

Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung

We are a busy family. And living in San Diego, there’s always something to do whether it’s the weekend or a weekday. Many times we find ourselves out and about exploring our city and I love capturing those memories our family creates through photography.

However with only a smartphone and a DSLR to capture our family moments I’m either dealing with a bulky camera that takes up too much room in my diaper bag but produces great photos or I have cell phone quality images that, while they do show where were were and what we are doing, aren’t as crisp as I want them to be.

So I found myself in the market for a compact system camera that was in between my smart phone and my DSLR. Lucky for me I was recently asked to head to Sam’s Club to pick up and try out the new Samsung WB800F #PixBundle Wi-Fi digital camera.

This summer we’ll be capturing summer moments with our new camera and I could not wait to start testing it out!

Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung camera in case

Samsung WB800F with WiFi

Before I headed out to Sam’s Club to purchase my new Samsung WB800F digital camera I first read up on it online. I was excited to find out about all of the features this camera had that my previous compact digital cameras lacked in the past. Including it’s WiFi capabilities.

I could instantly share my photos to my favorite social networks and share my photos with my phone or computer with the touch of a button!

Here are a few of the great features you’ll find with this camera:

• Built-in Wi-Fi
  • 16.3 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor
  • 3-inch LCD Hybrid Touch Display
  • 21x Optical Zoom

Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung shopping

Wirelessly Share and Transfer Photos

After our very adventurous trip to Sam’s Club to pick up the camera (an hour away from home) we were ready to try the camera out for ourselves! My daughter could not wait to get her hands on the real thing after playing with the display in the store. A camera she could actually use? So exciting.

Once we opened the box it took less than 5 minutes to pop in the battery and the SD card that was included in the camera bundle and start snapping away. By the time we got home it was late so the next morning we got up and really started to find out what this camera was all about.

I downloaded the Samsung Smart Camera App on my phone from the Google Play store and synced my camera to my phone. Within seconds the photos I had taken on my camera had shown up on my phone. And from there I shared a few of the photos I took on instagram.

Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung app

Capturing Summer Moments

Now that I knew I could capture great moments and easily access and share them from my phone or computer it was time to start taking photos of our day. We had planned a Memorial Day barbecue with the family so I packed my sleek, compact new camera in it’s carrying case (that comes with the bundle!), tossed it in my diaper bag, and off we went!

With my kids you never know when there’s going to be a great moment to get on camera so I loved how I could easily carry around this lightweight camera and capture shots like the one below where my daughter decided she’d stop and sniff some flowers. With the 21X optical zoom capabilities I was able to get this shot from across the yard.

Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung smelling the flowers

The camera doesn’t just work great during the day, it also has great low light capabilities.

With the beginning of summer upon us, we plan on many, many nights around the firepit roasting marshmallows with our family. Being able to capture great photos as the sun sets is an added bonus with this camera.

I wouldn’t be able to get this clear of a photo with my phone’s camera.

Capturing Summer Moments with Samsung making smores

As a busy mom I know exactly what camera I’ll turn to for capturing summer moments this year. I cannot wait to take this camera with us on our family trip in July as well as to the many fun places we plan on spending this summer exploring.

What great summer moments do you hope to capture on camera?

You can find the Samsung WB800F Bundle that includes the camera, 8GB SD card, and case at Sam’s Club online or in stores. Keep up with the latest in camera technology by liking Samsung on Facebook or following them on twitter at @SamsungTweets.

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. All thoughts and experiences are my own. #pixbundle #cbias

Comments

1. Wow, those colors are so vivid. I can’t believe you took that photo from all the way across the yard!
    Chelsea @ Someday I’ll Learn recently posted..4 Lame Things Our Kids Don’t Have to Deal WithMy Profile

2. Kat says:

Great camera!!
    Kat recently posted..Parenting Magazine $4.50 for 2 year subscriptionMy Profile

How neat! I love the wi-fi capability and the pictures turn out fabulously! I am in dire need of something similar – I have to upload camera pics to the computer via the memory card – there are just far too many steps when I’m in a rush! :)
    Leila recently posted..As Natural As a Baby’s Skin: B Nature Organic ClothingMy Profile

4. Laura O in AK
    Twitter: LauraOinAK

The Samsung camera looks fantastic! If I hadn’t just bought a point and click camera last year, I’d consider putting this on my wish list.
    Laura O in AK recently posted..Quick Chicken Dinner with Tyson #ChickenFryTime #AdMy Profile

5. Staci
    Twitter: 7onashoestring

I love my Samsung Camera! The fact that it can automatically upload via WiFi is my favorite part. :) I know we have plenty of fun planned this summer and will be capturing it all with our camera.
    Staci recently posted..Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cake RecipeMy Profile

6. Cathi
    Twitter: simplycathi

I can’t wait to check out this camera next time I’m at Sam’s club. It looks fabulous!
    Cathi recently posted..The Hunger in the Summer Project with OdwallaMy Profile

7. Kerri (TheMaven)
    Twitter: _themaven

Loving the zoom! Sooooo awesome!

8. I’m not a big camera person, but I LOVE this camera. I want one so badly. Takes great pics!
    Kas
    Kasandria Reasoner recently posted..Kroger Circular 5/27 Featuring Memorial Day Kick Off Items #KrogerChallengeMy Profile

9. Janice
    Twitter: celebratingfam

That is such a pretty camera. I need something small like that because I get sick of using my phone or hauling around my giant camera. I love taking pics. Fun post!
    Janice recently posted..How to Make the Perfect Baked PotatoMy Profile

10. Lindsay @ Laughing Lindsay
    Twitter: 89linz

I love how easy it is to get pictures from it to Instagram. I wish my little digital camera did it that easily. I already have a Samsung phone, so maybe I should check out their cameras now.
    Lindsay @ Laughing Lindsay recently posted..How to Attend a Blog Conference on a BudgetMy Profile

11. Jessica A
    Twitter: ThenWere4

Wow! Now that looks like an amazing camera! I can’t believe you got that gorgeous picture of M from across the yard! I definitely need one of these to help me keep up with all of the moments I want to remember with my three crazy kiddos! :)
    Jessica A recently posted..Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Quest for the Crystal Mickey on DVDMy Profile

12. Myndee
    Twitter: randommyn

I am the same way with either my phone or my DSLR! I have been thinking about getting a point and shoot; now I feel like I NEED one. :)
    Myndee recently posted..Hey JealousyMy Profile

13. Oh gosh, I am so jealous right now. I want one of those Samsung cameras so badly! You took some really amazing pics.
    Angela@AboutAMom recently posted..Hot Dog Bar Grilling Party #KingsHawaiianMy Profile

14. Kimberly D says:

The photos are just stunning. I love the quality pics this camera takes not to mention wi-fi?? Oh my <3
    Kimberly D recently posted..Discovering The #truenatureofcats At Mealtime: See How My Cats Behave #sponsored #catsMy Profile

15. Tiffany C.

Looks like a great camera. I’m looking for a new, smaller camera and I love this one, a lot!
    Tiffany C. recently posted..Beautiful Jewelry from Latasia for Spring 2013My Profile

16. I love how compact it is. We take a lot of photos when we’re out walking in the woods and I hate lugging around anything heavy.
    Ellen Christian recently posted..Entertainment RoundupMy Profile

17. Jamie @ Roubinek Reality
    Twitter: jmroubinek

I absolutely love that you can share your camera pictures easily to your phone! What a great camera!
    Jamie @ Roubinek Reality recently posted..Active by Old NavyMy Profile

18. I can’t believe you got that awesome pic from all the way across the yard!!
    Chelsea @ Someday I’ll Learn recently posted..Box of LightMy Profile

1. […] a lot from each other. Heather showed us her awesome Samsung camera (this is the step up from my point & shoot Samsung and has a removable […]