March Madness is upon us and that means one thing to me… inviting my friends over for a party!
I’ve mentioned before about how I’m just not that into sports but with basketball it’s a little different. For one, I actually get the game more than football. And my college basketball team was decent.
And since my Aztecs from San Diego State were in March Madness last year I’m hoping to see them again this year! So in support of the guys in black and red I made these adorable little basketball player cupcakes.
Not only are they cute… but they’re super tasty too!
What You’ll Need:
- regular peanut butter cups
- mini peanut butter cups
- handful of chocolate chips
- white piping frosting
- colored frosting (think your favorite team!)
What You Do:
1. Bust out the regular peanut butter cups and unwrap if they’re individuals.
2. Starting on the edge of the peanut butter cup, make a loopy M to create the uniform outline.
3. Using the color of your choice (for me it was Aztec red), write a few numbers onto the jerseys to complete the look.
4. Melt a handful of chocolate chips. Grab the mini peanut butter cups and dip into melted chocolate.
5. Press onto the top of M/jersey and let set. I placed my basketball players in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden the chocolate a bit faster.
6. Frost cupcakes with a fun coordinating color to use as glue for basketball players.
6. Add the basketball players onto the frosted cupcakes. If the peanut butter cups start to lean back place a toothpick behind them to prop up.