Mini Corn Dogs: Perfect for the Big Game

Mini Corn Dogs

Mini Corn Dogs

With Super Bowl Sunday coming up the only thing on my mind is football appetizers! I’m all about celebrating the super bowl. As long as I don’t have to watch the game and get to enjoy my family and delicious food.

That’s right. While I root and cheer on whatever teams are playing, I’m usually cheering on both sides. Or I pick randomly between the two teams. I’m just not passionate about football. But I am passionate about food. And these mini corn dogs are sure to be a hit at your next party.

The best part? They’re the perfect size for little ones. Now my kids take 1-2 bites out of their hot dog or corn dog and call it a day. All that waste! With these they can finish one in a bite or two and eat more if they’re still hungry. Plus, since I used the Hillshire Farm Turkey Lit’l Smokeys they’re lower in fat without sacrificing the taste.

So if you’re looking to please a crowd and serve something tasty you should definitely try making some mini corn dogs.

Mini Corn Dogs prep

• 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup corn meal
  • 1/8 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup 1% milk
  • 1/8 cup vegetable oil (plus more for cooking)
  • 1 egg white
Instructions
  1. Heat oil in a deep skillet until it reaches 350 degrees.
  2. Take Turkey Lit’l Smokeys and insert the lollipop sticks in until about 3/4 of the way through. Do this for all of them (or as many as you want to make). Place on a plate and set aside.
  3. Mix dry ingredients together. Then add the milk, egg white and oil. Whisk together until smooth. If the batter is a bit too thick, splash a bit more milk into the mix.
  4. Once your oil has reached 350 degrees it’s time to get dipping!
  5. Taking the lollipop stick, dip the lit’l smokeys into the batter twisting back and fourth to cover the whole thing. Shake off any excess. Gently place the battered dog into the hot oil and cook for a few seconds on each side until golden brown.
  6. Set on a plate lined with a paper towel or cloth napkin and let excess grease drip off. Repeat with the rest of the dogs. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard and enjoy!
Notes
If making large batches, preheat the oven to 200 degrees and store cooked mini corn dogs on an oven-save dish until ready to serve.

Mini Corn Dogs cooked

For more recipe ideas on how to spruce up your Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies check out the Hillshire Farm recipes located on their website. You can also find Hillshire Farm on Facebook and follow them on twitter at @HillshireFarm.

Comments

1. Minta says:

I love these mini corn dogs. This would make a great appetizer for my pre-teen.
    Minta recently posted..Borax Review and GiveawayMy Profile

My kids would love the mini size; they LOVE corn dogs!
    Amanda recently posted..Simple Corn Dog Muffin RecipeMy Profile

3. Ellen says:

Those look really amazing. I have never tried to make my own corn dogs before but now I’m craving them!
    Ellen recently posted..Oz The Great and Powerful Red Carpet Premiere #DisneyOzEventMy Profile

4. Emily says:

I so just saw these on Pinterest and thought YUM!
    Emily recently posted..THE HEIRESS with Jessica Chastain, Dan Stevens and David Strathairn on BroadwayMy Profile

5. Rhonda ~ Born Unique Baby Guide
    Twitter: BornUniqueBaby

Perfect size for kids, mine always loved corn dogs. These look especially good. :)
    Rhonda ~ Born Unique Baby Guide recently posted..How to Make a Diaper CakeMy Profile

These are perfect for my littles! And hubby got a deep fryer for Christmas so I’m sure he would be ecstatic to make these! I am definitely going to try them in the coming weeks! Oh, and make extras to freeze for lunches! (Better than store bought, right!?)
    Leila recently posted..Day Zero Project UpdateMy Profile

7. Desiree M says:

I am bookmarking these! These mini corn dogs look super easy to make. I can’t get over how cute they are.
    Desiree M recently posted..Crock Pot White Queso DipMy Profile

8. Those look really good! My daughter loves corn dogs and would be thrilled if I surprised her with these one day.
    Tesa @ 2 Wired 2 Tired recently posted..When I Was A Kid…My Profile

9. Tara
    Twitter: _aspectacledowl

Here it is almost midnight and all I want is a corn dog now :) These look great and I know my 4 year old would LOVE these!
    Tara recently posted..How To Paint Metal – From Drab To FabMy Profile

10. Elizabeth Towns
    Twitter: BDandV

Thank you for this recipe. My kids love corndogs but I don’t like buying them because I’m not sure of what is actually in what we may get from the store. Now, I can use your recipe and what my kids can actually have with their food allergies.

11. Hi, after reading this awesome article i am also happy to share
    my familiarity here with colleagues.
    Discounted Hotels Listing * Compare Hotels Price ranges recently posted..Discounted Hotels Listing * Compare Hotels Price rangesMy Profile

12. Terrific post however I was wondering if you could write a
    litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it!
    digitale optionen recently posted..digitale optionenMy Profile

1. […] or small finger foods work best with the littles. Consider cooking up some mini corn dogs or sticking with a simple cheese, cracker and meat platter. And snacks are a must so consider a […]